Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Web 2.0 Wednesday! Free File Converter

In a previous post, we discussed using Zamzar to download files from the Internet. While that site works well, it requires you to give them an email address. Once your file is complete, you receive and email with a link to download your file. Depending on the size of the file and the traffic to the website, you could be waiting for some time.

An alternative to Zamzar is Free File Converter. http://www.freefileconvert.com/

This website performs the same types of file conversion as Zamzar - but with one main difference. Free File Converter performs your file conversion task right in front of you and provides a link to download the file as soon as it is done. No need to check your email - no need to wait.

I have found this website helpful when I am in a school setting and the firewall has prevented me from accessing my personal email. Now, I can simply go to this website and create my files instantly.

Have you used this service? Let us know by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers