Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stretches to Prevent Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)

Many consumers I have worked with have a Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), causing pain in their shoulders, forearms, wrists, palms, and/or fingers. Often, this injury has been caused by overuse of a computer, in addition to poor positioning while using the computer. Along with suggestions for how to improve their computer set-up to become more ergonomic, I always try to educate my consumers on things they can do to help prevent/minimize RSI.

I recently found a great resource online that allows you to obtain a (free) one page PDF document of some stretching exercises. This resources comes from a book, "Stretching in the Office", by Bob Anderson.

Check out the website here.

Print it out, tape it on the wall next to your monitor, and remember to treat your body well while spending long hours on the computer (and as is with anything related to exercise, check with your doctor!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I did. I have it posted right here in my cubical. There is also a page of "online stretches" you can print out and do when you are waiting for things to download.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers