Friday, September 09, 2011

Fostering Independence - A Follow up - Feel Good Fridays

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote this blog post regarding fostering independence in our students with special needs.

I am pleased to report that this same student was able to get her computer up and running with the help of HP tech support on her own. She was really excited and it was obvious that she felt a sense of empowerment. I was very happy for her.

In the same vein of fostering independence, my two year old's new favorite phrase is, "I do MYSELF". This phrase is said with such regularity, it is startling to me. The things he wants to do himself range from getting his shoes and brushing his teeth to cooking dinner and using a key to open our front door.

Now what was I saying about fostering independence again...

Enjoy and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers