Friday, May 27, 2011

Maybe not all TV is bad....Feel Good Friday

Many people who know me, know that I am NOT a big fan of TV. However, when Assistive Technology is being discussed on TV I guess I subscribe to that.

Carly Fleischmann, a young woman who has been diagnosed with Autism, was featured on CBS's The Talk day time show. She was brought on the show to discuss how she uses Word Q, a word prediction program that has auditory feedback, to communicate. I have spoken with people who watch this show and said not only were they inspired by Carly, but wanted to find out more about Word Q. I thought that was pretty cool.

I am glad that Carly found a tool that is working for her and is allowing her to communicate and participate in the world around her.

If you want to watch the video on Youtube you can check it out below.





Enjoy and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers