Today we will look at a pair of apps designed to assist someone with learning how to tell time and make change.
MathTappers Clock Master
This APP is set up like a game to assist people with learning how to both set and tell time on an analog or digital clock.
According to the website:
MathTappers: Clockmaster offers both a practice mode to support exploration and tutoring activities and a game mode to help players to become fluent in both reading and setting time on digital and analog clocks.The best part is: the APP is FREE until September 30, 2011. So download it today!
Are you teaching money skills to someone? Then you should try this app. This simple to use app has the following features:
* Practice counting by sliding coins around with your finger
* Tap a coin to flip it over, learn to recognize both sides
* Choose from several background images
* Three difficulty levels, from 50 cents to 5 dollars
* You can keep trying the same problem until you get it right
* Solution screen shows the exact quantity of each coin you counted
* Shows you the best way to count change if your solution differs
* Skip to a new problem and watch the coins re-arrange
* Realistic sound effects
* Use as an interactive, shareable money worksheet
* The perfect teaching tool for basic math problems
* Includes the new 2010 penny design as well as previous design
* Clean, germ-free coins that you can’t swallow! (My personal favorite!)
This app costs $1.99.
Do you have a favorite APP you would like to see highlighted? Do you have a favorite iPad accessory? Let us know - maybe you could even be a guest contributor!
Do you want to learn more about APPS? Keep watching our Blog for exciting announcements about future APP related workshops.