Friday, February 11, 2011

I am NOT a fan of American Idol - Welcome to "Feel Good Friday"


I will be starting a new regular post on Fridays called "Feel Good Friday". The sole purpose of these posts will be to share a fun or inspiring story about people with disabilities.
This week's post is about the American Idol contestant, James Durbin.

I am NOT a fan of American Idol. In fact, I am anti-TV in general. Regardless, someone brought to my attention the contestant James Durbin. James is diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome and Tourette Syndrome.

Here is his American Idol audition video. It is clear that he is letting his abilities overshadow his disabilities. He has a lot of courage and a lot of strenghth to get in front of three judges (not to mention the country/world). I wish him well and I will be rooting for him from afar, because I still won't watch the show.



Enjoy and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers