With funding from the Kessler Foundation, Advancing Opportunities is working to remove that barrier and is offering a fast-paced, two-day certificate program for professionals working in employment, that shows them how to develop and implement job accommodations and assistive technology supports.
The next available two-day training will be held on Monday, March 4, 2013 and Monday, March 18, 2013. This program will be held at JVS of MetroWest, 111 Prospect Street, East Orange, NJ 07017.
At the end of this training program, participants will:
- Be able to identify consumers who can benefit from assistive technology.
- Understand the consideration process and use of assistive technology in the vocational rehabilitation process.
- Consider a wide range of jobs for the consumers they work with.
- Become familiar with a wide range of assistive technology tools to meet the specific needs of consumers with various disabilities.
- Understand the process of implementing assistive technology to ensure consumer success.
- Access a variety of resources that will facilitate the best match between consumer needs and possible technology solutions.
Training topics include:
- AT consideration process
- Overview of computer access
- Overview of Supports for writing, reading and organization
- Overview of Ergonomics
- Everyday Tech as AT
- Mobile Tech
- iPads, iPods, tablets, ereaders, smartphones
Learn more or sign up here.