Friday, May 20, 2011

And We're Back with a Success Story...Feel Good Friday

After a brief hiatus, this weekly blog post is back.

I had the pleasure this week of working with a 4th grade student who has mild CP in a school district in southern New Jersey. The primary goal for my consultation was to explore writing supports with this student since writing is such a laborious process. Yesterday we began a trial of Write Online. I have written about my experience with another student previously. This student was very excited that she could input words into her document with a single click rather than several key strokes. Throughout the session she pumped her hand in the air and said, “I got it”. Her 1:1 aide said that she had never seen this student excited about writing and/or working on the computer. At the end of the session she asked me, “Are you coming back tomorrow?” It was a good day. Remember and enjoy your successes from this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers